In this week’s episode:
- Our #ReadersOnTheRun segment features “July is Hell”, a flash fiction short by Canadian Crime Writer Melodie Campbell. Our story first appeared in Thirteen, Carrick Publishing
- Donna reviews Kitchen Confidential, adventures in the Culinary Underbelly, a rollicking exposé of some of today’s hottest kitchens, by Anthony Bourdain, the star of the award-winning travelogue for foodies, CNN‘s Parts Unknown.
- Donna discusses the recent loss of celebrity chef and long-time adventurer and host of Parts Unknown, Anthony Bourdain. Memories of former Southam Inc. CEO Harvey Southam, who ended his own life in 1991. Donna reveals some lesser known truths about suicide, gleaned from close personal and family experience, and the masks we wear to conceal our suffering
- Donna prepares to review The Outsider by Stephen King in next week’s episode.
- Donna announces the recent launch of People Like Us, a haunting and beautiful literary novel by Caro Soles.
- Author Dee Wilson (GOT, The Keeper’s Truth) joins Donna. Dee and Donna delve into the making of an award-winning novel
Are you a published author? Would you like to be featured on our podcast? Email Donna at email@example.com – subject line: Schedule an Interview on Dead to Writes.
Do you have a question about writing or the book industry? Visit our Dead to Writes Facebook page and post your question. Donna will be sure to raise it with our featured author!
All music featured on Dead to Writes is brought to you courtesy of songwriter, composer and performer Ted Carrick. Keep up with all of his new music at his YouTube Channel
Find us on Facebook: Dead to Writes, or on Twitter: @DeadToWritesPod . You can also visit our site: www.deadtowrites.ca or look for donnacarrick.com or carrickpublishing.com .