In this week’s episode:
- Our #ReadersOnTheRun segment features “July is Hell”, a flash fiction short by Canadian Crime Writer Melodie Campbell. Our story first appeared in Thirteen, Carrick Publishing
- Donna reviews Kitchen Confidential, adventures in the Culinary Underbelly, a rollicking exposé of some of today’s hottest kitchens, by Anthony Bourdain, the star of the award-winning travelogue for foodies, CNN‘s Parts Unknown.
- Donna discusses the recent loss of celebrity chef and long-time adventurer and host of Parts Unknown, Anthony Bourdain. Memories of former Southam Inc. CEO Harvey Southam, who ended his own life in 1991. Donna reveals some lesser known truths about suicide, gleaned from close personal and family experience, and the masks we wear to conceal our suffering
- Donna prepares to review The Outsider by Stephen King in next week’s episode.
- Donna announces the recent launch of People Like Us, a haunting and beautiful literary novel by Caro Soles.
- Author Dee Wilson (GOT, The Keeper’s Truth) joins Donna. Dee and Donna delve into the making of an award-winning novel
Our July Line-up:
July 1: Our Canada Day interview with former Canadian Parks Ranger and Mystery author George Mercer. #ReadersOnTheRun short story to be announced
July 8: Interview with author Jayne Barnard and short story reading of “Easter Aches”, by Jayne Barnard, World Enough and Crime, Carrick Publishing
July 15: Interview with author Perry Block (Nouveau Old, Formerly Cute) and reading of short story “The Size of the Skip”, “Three Scoops” Is A Blast, Alex Carrick, Carrick Publishing
July 22: Interview with author Iris Waichler (Role Reversal) and reading to be announced
July 29:Interview with author Jen Knox (Glass City, After the Gazebo) and reading to be announced
Our June Line-up:
June 1: Interview with renowned host of Conversations LIVE Cyrus Webb and reading of “Watermelon Weekend”, Donna Carrick, nominated for the 2014 Arthur Ellis Best Short Story Award, featured in Thirteen by the Mesdames of Mayhem, Carrick Publishing, 2013
June 3: Interview with author Lizbeth Meredith (Pieces of Me) and short story reading of “Corner Store”, Donna Carrick
June 10: Interview with author Michael Jecks (the Knights Templar series) and reading of short story “Appearances”, Donna Carrick, North on the Yellowhead, Carrick Publishing
June 17: Interview with author Jennifer Berg (the Elliot Bay mystery series) and reading of “Delights in Novelty”, Brad Ling, World Enough and Crime, Carrick Publishing
June 24: Interview with Canadian Crime writer Dee Wilson and reading of “July is Hell”, Melodie Campbell, Thirteen