In this week’s episode:
- Our #ReadersOnTheRun segment features “The Grief Machine”, a SciFi Fantasy tale of comic woe by Alex Carrick from “Five Scoops” is an Addiction (Carrick Publishing, 2012)
- Dead to Writes and Carrick Publishing send congratulations to all of the Arthur Ellis 2018 nominees
- We talk about the multiple earthquakes and lava eruptions forcing evacuations of hundreds of residents in Hawaii
- The 2018 Nobel Prize for Literature will not be awarded this year, due to allegations of sexual misconduct by photographer Jean-Claude Arnault. Donna discusses the penalty to our industry
- Donna interviews Dr. Junying Kirk, author of the Journey to the West Trilogy
- Junying and Donna discuss the deeply personal aspects of literary fiction and the common threads that bind us together across continents
- Junying shares insights into the cultural revolution and its impact on the creative drive
Are you a published author? Would you like to be featured on our podcast? Email Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org – subject line: Schedule an Interview on Dead to Writes.
Do you have a question about writing or the book industry? Visit our Dead to Writes Facebook page and post your question. Donna will be sure to raise it with our featured author!
All music featured on Dead to Writes is brought to you courtesy of songwriter, composer and performer Ted Carrick. Keep up with all of his new music at his YouTube Channel
Find us on Facebook: Dead to Writes, or on Twitter: @DeadToWritesPod . You can also visit our site: www.deadtowrites.ca or look for donnacarrick.com or carrickpublishing.com .